Based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture has been used for over 5000 years. Acupuncture uses specific points on the body that correspond to internal organ systems to help relieve pain, balance the nervous system and improve wellness.
Naturopathic doctors are licensed to perform acupuncture in Ontario; at True Roots Healthcare, we often perform regular acupuncture as well as more specialized techniques, including:
- Trigger point release – those muscle knots just melt away!
- Electrostim – hooking the needles up to a small microcurrent ultimately relaxes and resets your muscle tone
- Cupping – you can be just like Michael Phelps!
Most often, we use acupuncture to treat:
- Hormonal imbalances like irregular cycles, endometriosis, PCOS and PMS
- Women undergoing IVF or other assisted reproductive techniques, as acupuncture has been shown to significantly improve the outcome of IVF
- Concerns during pregnancy, like nausea, vomiting and digestive upset
- Anxiety and insomnia (you’d be surprising how relaxing a treatment can be!)
- Muscle aches and pains, as well as to promote healing of injuries like rotator cuff tears
Interested in learning more? We love answering your questions.
Book your complimentary, full initial or your next follow up visit online or by calling 905-852-2929.