Optimizing digestion and nutritional status provides your body with the building blocks it needs to begin healing and re-building.
Digestive activity is negatively affected by stress -that’s why it’s key to first address your adrenal gland function, then begin restoring the digestive system. Digestion is also negatively affected by unidentified food intolerances/sensitivities and certain medications.
Key components of the system to restoring optimal digestion and nutritional status include:
- Managing stress to restore the body to ‘rest and digest’ mode
- Identification and elimination of food intolerances and sensitivities
- Reducing inflammation and overgrowth of unwanted bacteria or yeast in the GI system
- Restoring optimal gut flora with the right probiotic for your digestive system and needs
- Managing medication-induced nutrient depletions and medication-induced constipation or diarrhea
- Optimizing nutritional status through balanced dietary recommendations, plans and supplementation
With improved digestion, your body is able to actually absorb what it needs so you can function optimally – that means the proper synthesis, metabolism and detoxification of hormones, neurotransmitters and body tissues.
Ensuring nutrient deficiencies are corrected then allows us to then address thyroid and sex hormone imbalances.