But who doesn’t have it?
Your adrenal glands are responsible for regulating your stress hormones, like cortisol and adrenaline. While short term stress is tolerated and easily managed by your body, long term or unmanaged stress leads to various stages of adrenal fatigue:
Alarm phase – stress hormones are increasing because you are in the ‘fight or flight’ mode in response to various life stressors. You are starting to notice anxiety, difficulty concentrating and have a sense of overwhelm.
Resistance phase – cortisol is chronically elevated to resist your life stressors. Chronically elevated cortisol causes you to feel tired but wired, have difficulty sleeping and concentrating, leads you to feel anxious, interferes with blood sugar and causes weight gain. If consistently elevated, it also interferes with thyroid and sex hormones (estrogen, progesterone and testosterone). Watch this video on how stress steals your hormones.
Exhaustion stage – your adrenal glands are no longer able to cope with prolonged and unmanaged stress and elevated cortisol. Cortisol levels eventually decrease and even flat line causing fatigue, chronic colds and flus, low blood sugar, loss of libido, depression and burnout.
Supporting and healing your adrenals is key to addressing your whole body health. Without first managing cortisol and stress hormones, other health concerns and hormonal imbalances will persist.
As the foundation of health, this the system for addressing stress and burnout:
- Initial intake with focused physical examination and thorough health history review to identify specific factors and symptoms related to your fatigue.
- Investigation of adrenal function. This includes a 4 point salivary cortisol measurement to determine what specific phase of adrenal fatigue you are experiencing. You will also be sent for bloodwork for further investigation and screening tests.
- Nutrient infusions with targeted adrenal gland support. These infusions include vitamins, minerals and amino acids that your adrenal glands concentrate and use to make stress and sex hormones. Nutrient infusions rapidly improve adrenal fatigue and related symptoms – including mood, sleep, energy, brain fog and low immunity.
- Prescribed adrenal gland support for your individual needs. Depending on whether your cortisol is high and needs to be lowered, or your cortisol is low and needs to be elevated, you will be prescribed targeted adrenal gland support and treatment.
Benefits of treating adrenal fatigue include:
- Improved energy
- Balanced mood
- Regulated blood sugar
- Boosted immunity
- Restful and restorative sleep
- Increased resilience to stress
Once your adrenal glands are being supported, we can begin addressing other aspects of your health. It is only after stress is managed that digestive, thyroid and hormonal function can normalize and be restored.
Sound like what you need?
Create the life you want with the health you need.
Because life is always better when it’s balanced.