At True Roots Healthcare, we believe you should receive cancer care from a naturopathic doctor who is an expert in this area. Dr. Brenda Tapp ND, is a naturopathic doctor, member of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians and owner of the Peterborough Centre of Naturopathic Medicine. She travels to Uxbridge on the first Tuesday of every month to work at True Roots to see patients living with or recovering from cancer.
Whether you or your loved one has been recently diagnosed, are currently going through or have finished treatment, or have been placed in palliative care, naturopathic cancer care and support can help.
Taking a supportive and holistic approach with patients who are undergoing or having finished conventional cancer treatments, such as surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation, our care focuses on the following goals:
- Decreasing side effects of conventional cancer treatments
- Improving the efficacy of chemotherapy and radiation
- Increasing healing and decreasing recovery time
- Educating and improving nutritional status and dietary habits before, during and after conventional treatments
- Supporting and balancing the immune system to prevent additional illnesses and interruption in conventional treatment administration
- Improving overall health and well being to decrease the risk of cancer recurring
There are also alternative cancer care options for those patients who have exhausted their conventional treatment.
Receiving a cancer diagnosis can be a scary and stressful time. We work with patients, their loved ones and their other healthcare practitioners to provide the best integrative and complementary care possible. Whether you are seeking to improve your response to conventional treatments, improve your health after treatment, or are looking for alternative options – naturopathic medicine can help.
Book an appointment online now or by calling our office at 905-852-2929.