A new year always brings opportunity for change, and we like to think that’s a good thing! Change is what happens when we grow, challenge ourselves and ultimately improve.
We have spent a lot of time reflecting on our first full year of business and are always working to improve our day-to-day operations, our efficiency and the care we provide.
Since we like to practice what we preach, we are making some changes in an effort to improve our work-life balance. Some changes are due to the increased cost associated with running our clinic and business. All changes are being made to ultimately improve the care you receive and the quality of your overall experience.
There are a couple of changes coming to our clinic operations in 2018:
- The clinic hours will remain as usual (we’re hoping to expand them eventually!); all of our practitioner’s schedules can be found here.
- Dr. Leigha’s schedule will be changing slightly – she will be starting earlier on Wednesdays and Thursdays but finishing earlier on Thursday evenings. If you need an appointment after 5 PM, please book well in advance. She will also be opening Friday mornings for consultations.
- IV Therapy is now being offered throughout the week, not just on Mondays and Fridays.
Optimizing Appointment Booking:
- To maximize the efficiency of your appointments and our naturopathic doctor’s schedules, appointments with Dr. Leigha & Dr. Lynne will now be made in person or over the phone only (trying to book appointments over email is never efficient – we like seeing your face or hearing your voice!).
- Appointments can continue to be made online here until the end of December for Dr. Leigha & Dr. Lynne. Barb & Natalie will continue to offer online booking for all services.
- By moving away from online booking for our NDs, we are able to optimize our booking schedule for you. This includes things like staggering IV appointments so you are attended to at a dedicated time and booking quick & efficient B12 drop-ins. Because IV treatments are now being scheduled throughout the week, this opens more time for one-on-one naturopathic initial and follow up visits as well, instead of having time blocked out for IVs only. You may have Denise, naturopathic graduate and IV assistant, monitoring you during your future IV appointments.
- We do our best to make the most convenient time work for you, and talking to a real person to book your appointment will help us do that even better.
Fee Schedule Changes:
- Due to recent increases associated with running our clinic and virtually all small businesses in Ontario, there will be slight increases in our Naturopathic fee schedule. Please understand we only raise our rates when absolutely necessary, and the last increase was over 18 months ago. Nutritional and Osteopathic fees will remain the same.
- We know your time is precious and we ask that you respect ours and honour your appointment times. To avoid gaps in our schedule that would otherwise be happily filled by patients who are waiting, we will be implementing a strict cancellation and no-show policy. If you cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice or miss it, we will be billing you for the full cost of the appointment.
- Naturopathic initial (60 mins), regular (15-30 mins) and extended (30-45 mins) follow up visits will be $195, $95 and $142.50, respectively, as of January 1st, 2018. These visit prices are tax free!
- B12 injections will be $20 for regular (1 mg) dose and $30 for high (5 mg) dose.
- We have improved our invoicing procedure for IV Therapy to increase what you can claim through insurance coverage; now, at least a portion of the treatment may be covered by your benefits. There may be slight increases to your treatment cost, depending on what you receive. We will advise you of any increases prior to your treatment.
But here’s how we’re working to save you money:
- In early 2018, we’re going to launch a pretty cool Uxbridge wellness community membership program. The membership is going to be free, but will give you access to discounts at our clinic, as well as our other wellness allies in Uxbridge. Stay tuned!
- When you’re coming in for a series of acupuncture treatments and book 6 in a row, you’ll pay for 5 and get the 6th free! That works out to just $79 per acupuncture visit. Your appointments must be booked in advance and honoured once booked.
We’re always open to hearing from you on how we can improve our clinic operations and patient experience. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to touch base with us. We’d love to hear from you! You can email us at email@example.com or call us at 905-852-2929.